Enable the Active Directory Recycle Bin on Windows Server 2012 R2:
1. Open Server Manager on a domain controller.
2. As seen in Figure 1, open the tools menu and choose Active Directory Administrative Center.
3. As seen in Figure 2, select the local domain on the left-hand side, then select the “Enable Active Directory Recycle Bin” link on the action pane on the far right-hand side.
4. As seen in Figure 3, click OK.
5. As seen in Figure 4, click OK.
Note: This process cannot be undone. Please ensure to test this feature in a lab environment before implementing in a production network. It is also advisable to ensure you perform a system state back up of your Active Directory forest before enabling the Active Directory Recycle Bin. The reason for this is any objects that are deleted before enabling the recycle bin cannot be restored unless you have a system state backup from before the recycle bin was enabled.