Reporting with Tableau Software
- Connect to your data.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create the most powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Use Trend Lines, Reference Lines, and statistical techniques to describe your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Combine data sources by joining multiple tables and using data blending.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and using connection methods correctly.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
Pie Charts and Bar Charts
Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
Dash boards that use drill down and drill across
Want to take this class? Let us know by clicking here.